tirsdag 5. april 2011

My New Inspiration


Today I heard a lecture on Roland Barthes, the French structuralist. He is famous for the book "Mythologies" where he analyzed all kind of cultural objects - Greta Garbos face, Citroen DS, Tour de France, striptease, fashion. As our lecturer said,he was good essayist, but not equally good to create a clear theoretical foundation behind his cases.
So I thought: "why can't I be like him? I am so good to produce all kind of different thoughts about so many things. But maybe not so good to draw clear theoretical line through them all..."
My classmate Tara wrote on a Post-it note: "you are the feminine version of Roland Barthes". And we found out that I was born in the year when he died - so there is an opportunity to interpret this as a reincarnation of some kind :)

Anyway. I have an ambition to produce lots of small neat analysis of Norwegian cultural objects (like Barthes did with the French ones). Hope, I will succeed...

P.S. Doesn't he look lovely on that picture? I would love to have such a lecturer :) Even if I had to tolerate his smoking...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar