tirsdag 12. april 2011

Was it Spring?

And this is why we love spring in Norway. Because it lasts only some days.The first day I mistrustfully look at the sun outside and wear warm scarf and jacket. The second day I leave my hat and gloves at home, take a little walk after work, smell the air and ask: "can it be true? is it spring now?". The third day I wear ballerina shoes and take off my jacket. The fourth day...there is no fourth day. The fourth day is FINITO.

Yesterday I was sitting on the terrace of bakery not far from my home, wearing T-shirt and sunglasses and played a French intellectual. Sitting on the cafe terrace with chai latte and thick book of Roland Barthes "Mythologies". The sun was shining, the streets were full with people, I could hardly read because of all the noise and traffic. Today....it looks like yesterday never existed. The sky is gray, it rains, and wind turns the umbrellas inside out. I am glad that I wear a cap and a long coat (not a denim jacket like I intended), and feel like a one-man expedition to the North pole, struggling my way to the subway through the wind.

Every season is short here, except for winter

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar